Are you always conscious about diet, fitness, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle? In today’s times, people are constantly stressed, suffering from hormonal imbalances, and have practically very little time to spend on fitness programs and cooking healthy meals. I personally was one among those who were always talking about healthy food, exercises, and yet followed none! Soon, I started experiencing health issues related to weight gain.
One of the secrets to losing weight is to stop eating regular bread altogether. If you are wondering what to eat instead, don't worry, there are options. The book Keto Breads by Kelley Herring gives you several alternatives that you can try at home. They are all bread variants but healthy in the Keto way! Let’s take a more detailed look into what the book is all about.
What is Keto Breads
It is said bread is the worst possible food as it contains many chemicals which make it very tasty, but may bring up lots of health issues. Keto Breads is a digital book that gives you plenty of healthy bread recipes with no glutemorphins or casomorphins that you will find in the traditional recipes.
You will start enjoying carbs without having to worry about side effects. Recipes for flatbreads, loaf breads, breakfast breads, buns, rolls, and crackers are provided in the book. Each recipe is accompanied by photos to help you to understand the procedures, nutritional value, and list of ingredients.
Keto Breads is basically a digital cookbook that helps you deviate from the conventional methods to prepare healthy bread. The book is unique because of the perfect proportions of ingredients, and the recipes are all taste-tested several times. I found the recipes to be with easy preparation techniques, option of substitutes if you are allergic to any of the ingredients involved, and complete information on the nutrition value of each bread that you will bake.
I will also say - you may find it tough to differentiate between traditional bread and the bread you make using the tips from the book! They are all so good. In fact, some are even better than regular bread.
The Brains Behind Keto Breads
Keto Breads is written by Kelly Herring. An MBA and MS degree holder, Kelley is a published author and Nutritional Biochemist by profession. She is also the founder of Healing Gourmet, a website dedicated to healthy foods.
Ingredients for Keto Breads
All the recipes given in the book are gluten-free and grain-free. To enhance the taste of the bread, Kelley uses drops of Stevia. Hence, the recipes are sugar-free and dairy-free. The main ingredients include coconut flour, blanched almond flour, tapioca, arrowroot, organic psyllium husk powder, yeast, and egg. If you are allergic to nuts, you can use sunflower seed flour. Commercial and homemade substitutes are included in the book to help those with allergies or food intolerances.
I found some excellent bonus attachments to this book - You get routine preparation tips for 28 days, a shopping schedule for four weeks, and a total keto bread diet guide!
How does it work?
Keto Breads is a digital ebook, and so wherever you go, your smart phone or laptop can help you access the recipes and start preparations. The book mainly focuses on wheat-free bread and keto-friendly ingredients. The bread suggested here has a low level of carbohydrates as compared to regular bread. As we all know, baking is an art, and it does not come your way on the first attempt. Even a slight error can spoil the output. But the recipes given in the book can be easily followed. With some experience, the result sure is as fantastic as shown in the pictures!
However, if you have certain health issues such as eating disorders, diabetes, and insulin-dependent, and kidney disease, it is better you follow these recipes after consulting a doctor. If you do not like using eggs, there are other recipes that skip using eggs. The book aims at saving baking time and eating more without adding to the calories. Most recipes can be whipped up within 20 minutes.
- The book has suggestions of alternative ingredients if you have allergies and intolerances to some of them.
- A complete cookbook for preparing gluten-free and low-carb recipes
- The taste of the bread is pretty much the same as the traditional ones.
- Even a beginner can follow the instructions very easily.
- There is no need to buy expensive cooking tools.
- You get the money-back guarantee within a certain period if you are not happy with the product.
- No artificial flavors or colors used in the products
- You get information on what type of food items you need to avoid
- The recipes are intended to reduce possibilities of cancer.
- Weight loss and prevention of cardiac ailments are aimed at
- Eating such Keto bread can help prevent other health issues such as seizures and PCOS, and brain function increases.
- Information on the ingredients, tools, nutritional value, and measurements are given at the beginning of the book.
- Digital, as well as physical copies of the book, are also available.
- The recipes are intended to be not only healthy but also keto-friendly
- The main negative impact of recipes here is the usage of excess protein, fewer vitamins and minerals, and fat accumulation.
- A condition known as keto influenza may be a side-effect for some.
- The scientific details given in the book could be confusing for some.
The recipes given in this book offer good alternatives that are healthy, easy to make, and are not difficult on your tastebuds. The book serves as a good guide to bake bread with various tastes and flavors. Moreover, details of nutrients and where to buy the ingredients make your job easy. Unless you try them, you may not believe that bread free of grain could taste so good and that it can be made so quickly.
I rate the product 4.5 Stars!
I am sure you will be motivated to cook these recipes when you look at the impressive photos! As has always been, there are a few flaws, but with the overall simplicity of the book and the advantages you stand to gain, this book is a great help to everyone, especially to baking newbies!